Running in the 90s

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Site

2 posters

Devil Town // RP

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit
    Senpai Will Never Notice You

Devil Town // RP Empty Devil Town // RP

Post by Ink Rabbit Sun May 19, 2019 2:03 am

wipwipwip first post
    Grimik
    Grimik
    If She Breathes Shes A Thot

Devil Town // RP Empty Re: Devil Town // RP

Post by Grimik Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:30 am

Lyn

The festivities were in full swing when Lyn woke in the early afternoon. Looking out from her window at the inn, the streets were filled with people in colorful dress, drinking and eating, and taking a short break from the worries of everyday life.

She would have enjoyed the sight more if not for the throbbing pain in her head. She had perhaps enjoyed herself a little too much the night before, celebrating a job well done. She sat back down at her bed with a slight grimace, the noise from outside beginning to rise, along with the ache in her head.

She pulled out a small wooden case and flipped it open, revealing a line of cigarettes. Each one was dyed in beautiful pastels and organised by colour, so that they cascaded like a rainbow. Her hand followed along the rim of the box stopping in front of the blues. She picked one of the lighter ones and popped it into her mouth as she closed and tucked away the box. She snapped her fingers and the tip of her pointer lit up like a candle, which she used to light the blue stick before shaking the flame out. One long inhale, then blowing the smoke out through her nose, and her pain instantly started to subside.

A few minutes later and Lyn was packed and ready heading out the door of the inn cigarette still in her mouth. She waved goodbye to Garrett, the inn keep without a word and he smiled and waved back, not knowing how long it would be before he saw her again. She didn't know either.

Lyn made her way through the bustle of the city streets, past commoners in colourful clothes and performers in extravagant outfits. There was so much to take in. Candied apples and exotic meats, expensive drink in every kind imaginable and even small animals from other kingdoms, being sold as pets to the highest bidder.

Lyn hadn't bothered to learn why the city was in celebration. If not for overhearing a conversation last night, she would have been out of town before it had even started. However, she was here now as she strolled through the streets at a leisurely pace, enjoying the moment and taking in all the sights, smells and sounds.

An hour later, just finishing off a candied apple she had purchased she had found her way to one of Stagmoor's poorer districts, and the edge of the celebrations. Normally she would have wanted to stay longer but she had received an urgent request from the town over and had told them she would hurry. With one last wistful look, and throwing her finished apple to the street, which she made rot into nothing with a snap of her fingers, she began taking a shortcut to the city gate.

She cut down a few side streets and back alleys and side streets until she came to another alley with a stone stare case ascending in front of her. She was only a few minutes from the gate now, but could hear a commotion from the top of the stairs, coming in her direction. This wasn't like the sound of the celebration she had just left and she expected trouble. Wanting to see what was coming and how it would play out, she leaned up against the wall at the bottom of the stairs, head down and peering under her cap to see what fate had in store for her.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 am

Devil Town // RP MtnpIyC

quickly, i only have a moment, this is my chance.
    her bare feet lightly connecting to the stone path she made her way down one flight of stairs after another until she was in the main courtyard of the castle. Taking a quick glance to make sure every guard was where they were meant to be, the corners of her lips raised for only half a second before she darted across the grassy opening.

Reaching the gate she slid though it with ease, knowing the guards that were supposed to be there were doing around of the castle. Bolting down the stone steps with grace as she had done every time before, the large hedges that lined the path brushed her skin. Once she reached the base of the entrance, she glanced back to see the castle, large, dark and looming she glared for half a second before hearing a shouting "Hey! what are you doing out here? you could be-" without even looking at the guard she lunged over the hedge she was next too.

With in moments she ducked down onto a alley path, still so many steps to go. She ducked quickly into a brush, pulling her black hood closer to her face to try and hide her stark white hair. a few guards ran past her, holding her breath for a moment before quietly exiting the brush and making her way to the last set of stairs.

before she could reach the stairs to the darker alley, she heard the clinking of metal on stone. she had no where to hide, or maybe she did. glancing at the small bridge ahead that was above a flood rut, she quickly grasped the railing and swung herself off the side, holding onto the stone dangling above filth. She winced at the height of how far she would fall if she did, but that wasn't a choice right now. she was getting out this time.

"she must have went this way!" a large man in clanky black armor echoed from inside his suit. before clambering down the stairs as quickly as they could, not even noticing the girl at the base of the stairs.

feeling her hands start to slip she quickly grasped one of the metal pipes that led up into the railing and tried to angle her feet on some sort of leverage to get back up, she slipped a few times before managing to pull herself up and back onto the bridge itself.

Breathing heavily, she glanced behind her and quickly made her way down the stairs before running into someone "oh, i-" she paused making eye contact with the girl in front of her before quickly closing her hood to cover her face more "please don't shout for them, i can pay you to be quiet.. " she spoke as she pulled a coin purse out of her small bag she had with her, Nila's eyes held to the girls for a moment, to see what she would do.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:10 am

Lyn

A few moments passed before she heard someone yell 'she must have went this way' and two armored guards charged past the top of the stairs. Clearly not, as Lyn hasn't seen anyone else. As the sound of their footfalls faded, a figure appeared, running towards her while looking over her shoulder in the direction the guards had gone.

Lyn tried to stop her but the figure barreled into her. All Lyn managed to make out was it was a girl before she pulled her hood up more and offered to pay her for her silence. She was amused by the offer but if the guards were chasing this girl, it wouldnt be much trouble to help her. She pushed the coin purse away and took the girl into a doorway.

'Stay here and keep quiet, I'll take care of them.' She smiled at the girl before waving her hands a few times and muttering some words. Where once there had been a doorway, now it just appeared as solid wall. Happy with her work, Lyn went back to leaning against the wall as the guards returned to the top of the stairs.

They looked around in confusion before spotting Lyn. 'You there! a woman in black ran through here have you seen her?' She smiled and nodded before pointing back down the alleyway, 'she went that way, if you hurry you will catch her.' The guard turned back and yelled 'this way, hurry!' Four more guards caught up to the first two, and together, they ran in the direction Lyn had pointed them.

The moment they were out of sight, Lyn ran back to the fake wall, reaching through and grabbing thee girl by the wrist. 'We need to hurry if we are getting you out of this. Where are you heading?' Lyn led the girl to the top of the stairs, waiting for her answer.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:31 am

Devil Town // RP MtnpIyC

As she was shoved into a dusty old corner and empty room, she opened her mouth to speak but suddenly a brick wall appeared. Nila bit her lip, her eyes scanning for a way to escape if needed, but before she even had a chance to think up a quick escape plan, she heard the guards and the girl talking and the guards running briskly past. Had she actually escaped? is she finally able to be a real person?

After a moment had past, the girl came back and grasped Nila's wrist which caused her to stiffen up but before she could utter a word out to the girl she spoke to her and led her up a flight of stairs. Gently pulling her wrist out of the girls hand, she grasped it and held it to her chest "I'm looking to go anywhere but here, please let me pay you for the trouble.. and you don't need to stay with me long just get me out of the city, i wouldnt want you to get caught." she murmured quickly and quietly before glancing up from under her cloak, her ruby eyes held to the girl "what is your name?"

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:42 am

Lyn

The girl pulled her wrist away, before offering to pay to get out of the city. It wouldn't be all that hard all things considered and she was on her way out anyway. It wasn't like this could be traced back to her anyway.

'Amalyn. But my friends call me Lyn,' she said, doing a double take at the red eyes before turning and making in the direction of the gate. 'What should I call you?' she asked over her shoulder. 'We need to hurry, just stay close and listen to me and I can get you on your way.'

She led her down a few more streets until she came to the end of an alleyway. It opened out into a small square with a portcullis at the other side, flanked by two guards. She held up a hand for the gril to wait while she took a moment to figure out a plan.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 am

Devil Town // RP MtnpIyC

Nila considered heavily telling the girl her real name, however how many Nila's are there in this area? none, zero. She glanced away while following lyn, could she call her lyn? she wasn't a friend so i suppose she couldnt. Friends, that is something she wants some day, not just guards who pretend or her older sisters who are not much to old to even sit down and talk with her. theyre always busy.

Amalyn. she repeated the name, before speaking quietly "I... just, call me Ni." she spoke briskly while avoiding eye contact, odds are she would never see this girl again and the less she knows the better.

Quickly coming to a stop, she watched the girl carefully, she could smell so many new smells, some disgusting while others quiet pleasant. Hesitating she started to fidget with her hands, what would happen if she gets caught? would Lyn, or Amalyn i suppose, be.. no Nila wouldnt let that happen, though her thoughts being interrupted by a man shouting "over there!" nila turning to glance as 3 guards stormed in there direction. She tugged on the back of her coat "Amalyn, we need to go, now! I cant get caught im so close to being free, please."

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Lyn

The gate wasn't too heavily guarded and the portcullis had yet to be lowered. It seems the new of this girl hadn't reached here yet. But how was she going to get her out? She could disguise Ni with an illusion and just walk out, or perhaps a speed spell.

Lyn reached into her pocket, pulling out her smoke case, and sticking the last bright yellow cigarette into her mouth before lighting it up with a finger. It was then that she heard the guards behind them and Ni's pleas to escape. She had hoped to take a minute or two more to consider a plan but there was no time now.

She stepped past Ni and put herself between her and the guards and waved her hand out. The cobblestones that formed the street rose up and seemed to climb each other. in just a few seconds the space between her and the guards was blocked by and 8 foot tall wall. That bought her some time but not a lot.

She slung her bag from her back and knelt down to rummage through it, quickly finding a vial of goats blood. She had use for it but she could always delay her plans until she could replace it. She splashed the blood over her abdomen before getting back up to look at Ni.

'I'm gonna need you to follow my lead out there. Just help me walk and when I say, run. You got that?' It was at this point Lyn really wished she knew what she had gotten herself into, but new that there would be time to ask questions later.

With that she emerged into the square, one arm slung over Ni's shoulder as she limped forward, the over clutching at her blood stained clothes. She looked towards the guards she cried out, 'please, help me! I've been stabbed! They're trying to kill me!' The guards at the gate looked at each other before running over to them, their faces concerned.

Just as they got past the fountain in the center of the square, just a few feet from them, Lyn stood up straight, snapping both of her fingers. Two columns of water rose out of the fountain, spinning like tornadoes. Lyn clapped her hands as the guards turned to look and the water crashed into them, knocking them off their feet and washing them away.

'Run!'
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 am

Devil Town // RP MtnpIyC

She watched as Amalyn built a wall with almost no effort, or at least it looked like it was effortless. She wanted to admire the stone structure, was it solid or could they move though it like the last wall she made? however, this didnt matter, and she could ask her about it later if she got the chance.

Amalyn bought them some time, but she had no idea how they would get out of this situation with the guards just across the way when she spilled blood all over herself. what was she thinking? how was-

'I'm gonna need you to follow my lead out there. Just help me walk and when I say, run. You got that?

her thoughts were interrupted by Amalyn giving her a command, she hesitated before nodding in agreement. Holding her arm awkwardly around her neck was quiet uncomfortable as Nila was much taller than the girl, however she carefully made sure none of her skin was touching her own.

as Amalyn made the guards run over to them, she held her gaze to the girl wondering what should possibly could do to get them out of this situation, it was only getting worse as the guards approached them, Nila could feel her chest tighten im so close.. please just.. and then Amalyn pushed herself off nila and with a blink of an eye she watched as she pulled water from the fountain and barrel into the guards, sending them to floor and then she heard the word.

"run!"

Nila grasped her cloak to keep herself still hidden and bolted out of the gate, she didnt look back and she didnt hesitate. She wasnt sure if Amalyn was behind her or not but she continued to run her heart pounding in her throat and she could feel the hard earth under he bare feet.

Once she couldnt run anymore she took a moment to take in her surroundings, trees long unkept grass, not a person in sight. resting her hand against the tree she tried to catch her breath as best she could, she did it. she was out. she was free. she couldnt help but feel a small smile cross her lips before remembering Amalyn, did she get out? she turned around and shouted her name "Amalyn?"

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:54 am

Lyn

Ni took off immediately, with Lyn trailing just behind her. As they passed under the gate, she stopped and turned to the portcullis. With another snap of her fingers, the chains holding it snapped and the gate fell into place, blocking any pursuit.

Lyn then turned and ran after Ni who had already gained a lot of distance on her in just a few seconds. As they made their way to the tree line,she noticed the girl's feet were bare. Today was just getting stranger by the minute she thought.

Ni came to a stop after they broke the tree line and stopped to catch her breath. It took a moment before she stopped and called her name. Lyn also had her hands on her knees, breathing hard. She raised a hand and went back to catching her own breath. As soon as she was able she needed some answers from this girl. What had she done to get chased, and were they likely to give up now that they were out of the city.

'Are you okay, Ni?' she asked her when she finally could. She looked back in the direction of the city to make sure they weren't being followed. They would have to get moving again soon however. She wasn't comfortable staying this close.

'Why were you being chased by them, what did you do?'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:43 am