Running in the 90s

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Site

2 posters

Devil Town // RP

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit
    Senpai Will Never Notice You

Devil Town // RP - Page 3 Empty Re: Devil Town // RP

Post by Ink Rabbit Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:24 am

Devil Town // RP - Page 3 MtnpIyC

The silence was deafening, maybe she made a mistake in telling this girl? oh nila.. how naive, you dont even know this girl.. she mentally scolded herself before watching Amalyn pull out some sort of cigarette and with a tip of her finger light it and inhale.

Nila knew that what she just told her could go any way, she could march her straight back to the castle and claim a nice bounty, she could try to go for ransom and get even more(though doing that to the Wither family is a terrible idea and would most defiantly result in you being killed), she could trade her off to the black market? anything. so many dangerous things she had been warned about, however, she had really no choice at this point. She was going to find out one way or another and it was probably better to get it out of the way now.

Nila's heart was beating in her ears and her stomach was at her throat, what was she going to say? She then made eye contact with Amalyn who looked very serious, she tried to look away however her eyes were stuck to hers as she held her breath and listened carefully to what she had to say. of course she was cautious of Nila, she could be killed for helping her, or worse. She knew she couldn't just expect this random girl to help her become free, at least, free for as long as she had left.

'Why did you run away?'

She opened her mouth to speak before she quickly closed it, feeling the tears pricking in her eyes she let out a quiet sigh before speaking softly "I.. I don't want to be married away to someone i don't know, I'm tired of being treated like im going to break if im out in the sun for too long, I'm just tired of being told to be quiet and-" she was cut off her throat feeling like it was getting smaller and smaller, she cleared her throat the best she could with some soft coughs before looking back up at Lyn "I want to be free, im tired of being a bird trapped in a small cage, don't you see? thats no life, thats a prison, and i.." she glanced away the tears brimming in her eyes and her voice rasp "I dont want to die with a chain around my throat and my wings clipped. I want to be free"

she slightly buried her face into her cloak trying to hide her tears, her large ears pinned back against her head. I must look a fool.. crying.. she thought to herself. she could feel her stomach turn with all the emotions and truths she just spoke. However lyn took the answer, she didn't care because it felt good to finally say what she felt for so long, trapped.

Grimik
    Grimik
    If She Breathes Shes A Thot

Post by Grimik Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Lyn

It took a while for Nila to get the words out through her tears. Lyn wasn't usually one to give someone what they wanted just because they cried, but her story was all too familiar to her. She tried to avoid thinking of home and her family as much as possible, even after almost 70 years away, she still sometimes felt their eyes on her back, judging her.

She couldn't imagine how much worse it must have been for Ni. She was a princess after all. Lyn had always had chances to be alone, to adventure to make her own decisions. She wasn't that valuable or irreplaceable that she had to be locked away from the world. Even now, she knew her parents would still be sure she could return any day, ready to put her childish ways behind her and do what they knew was best for her.

The effects of the cigarette had calmed her panic at realizing the mess she had gotten herself into, but now it took all of her will not to scream out in rage. It was bullshit the expectations their parents had for them. They weren't created out of love or family, they were both tools to further their parents ambitions and nothing more. Lyn hadn't let that slide in a long time and she wasn't about to start now.

She walked over to Ni and put a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it gently. 'I believe you,' was all she could manage to say in that moment. She knew she should comfort her, but she couldn't find the words in that moment. How could she explain she knew how she felt, without digging up her own past? In the end she just settled for 'I'll help you, don't worry. Now get some rest, tomorrow is going to be busy.

She pulled two more blankets out, draping one over NI haphazardly, and the other over herself. SHe rolled over, still next to her and tried to fall asleep.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 am

As Amalyn reassured her and gently touched her shoulder, she felt her own heart break even more as tears filled her eyes more. is she being genuine? something like fire shown in Lyn's eyes as she spoke, something that told Nila she was being just that, genuine.

She wasn't sure what to say in response to being told she would help her, she just manged to mumble out a hushed "thank you.." she knew if she tried to talk more she would be sent into a coughing fit, and that was the last thing she needed right now, today was one of the best yet most stressful days she had in a long time. In fact, this is the longest she had been outside ever. She looked up at the trees that swayed above them and the stars, oh the stars..

Suddenly a blanket was draped over her and Amalyn just laid down next to her, facing away. Nila pulled her hand up to her mouth carefully wondering if she should move, though something told her that this was fine. she had never slept next to another person before. She carefully adjusted herself behind Amalyn, trying her best to not bump or touch her, however she wanted nothing more than to curl up against her back and continue to cry.

After a while of fighting back coughing and tears, she starred up at the sky and admired the beauty of the night as she gradually managed to drift off to sleep.

Time Skip

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:17 pm

Lyn

Lyn awoke first the next morning, and began to pack up her things while trying to allow Ni to sleep. This was probably the most strenuous day she'd ever had so she would need as much rest as she could get. It was a sunny morning, although storm clouds looked to be rolling in from the east. With any luck, they would make it to town before it hit.

What she was about to do; what she had already done, was likely to get her killed. But after Ni coming clean the night before, there was no way she could not help her. with most everything packed up she took a minute to watch the girl sleeping peacefully. She was reluctant to wake her but they were wasting daylight. She walked over and gently nudged her shoulder.

'Hey, it's time to get going. There's a storm coming and I'd rather be inside when it does.' She gathered up the rest of the blankets into her pack and waited at the west side of the clearing for Nila to follow.

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:00 am

She slowly and groggily moved to a sitting position and gingerly rubbed her face, her hair a mess and sleepiness present on her face, she reached out for her bedside table for a glass of water and was met with spiky grass. Oh.. i'm not, i wasn't dreaming. she paused for a moment to watch Amalyn finish getting ready no food? what am i to work with, im going to starve. she frowned as she slowly picked herself up and let Amalyn fully pack the rest of the stuff and march off right away without as much as a word to her aside from waking her up.

Nila cleared her throat as she caught up with Amalyn "um, are we going to eat or something soon? im famished." she spoke briskly but tried to keep her tone polite but eating nothing but bread the night before was quiet disappointing, what happened to commoners eating junk food all the time? liars. she thought about her servants who told her that they dont eat good food and only eat junk, she had assumed it would be things like sweets and sugary baked goods, not plan old boring bread.

She looked up to see the storm clouds roling in quiet quickly and spoke again "you should have seen the storms from the castle, they were beautiful yet frightening." she glanced over to Lyn, who she actually took a moment to take in her features and found her quiet pretty. Her eyes held to Lyn's for a moment more before quickly averting them and exhalingg "better put my hood back up huh?" she carefully combed though her hair with her fingers and gingerly pulled the large black hood over her horns and head.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Lyn

Lyn could appreciate that Nila wasn't used to living like this, or moving at this pace. She felt slightly bad about the reality that was about to hit her. They were being hunted and they needed to escape. She asked about food as soon as she caught up, which she hadn't even thought about. She was used to being hungry on the road and just eating once she took a break or when she got to her destination. It went against her better judgment to slow them down, but it would give her a chance to collect herbs for her cigarettes.

'We can eat while we walk. Just make sure you only eat what I point out as safe.' She continued on her way, stopping to pick herbs for herself, and pointing out the berries, nuts and mushrooms that would be safe for Ni to eat. Ni was very delicate looking. She reminded Lyn of a flower that had been picked. Beautiful to look at, but unhealthy. It must have been the Wither blood running through her veins.

When Ni mentioned the storm, Lyn looked up at the harsh clouds coming in. 'They can be even more beautiful when you're in them, in my experience. The rain pouring down around you as the sky lights up. You'll have to let me now what you think.' She rummaged through her bag for a small vial, which she unstoppered and held to Ni's face as she put the hood up. 'You can put it up if you want, it won't make much difference, but I am going to need you to spit into this.'
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 am

She wanted to argue about eating things without them being cleaned first but instead just pursed her lips slightly and followed, she didnt enjoy this so far, however not having to be locked up in a stuffy windowless tower was pretty nice, even if it did hurt her throat slightly. She listened to Amalyn talk about being in the middle of the storm, she opened her mouth slightly wondering how freeing yet terrifying that must be. "I wouldn't know, i was rarely allowed to be outside." let her know what i think? surely she isnt planning on keeping us out in the rain.. she thought tartly looking over her shoulder at the dark clouds.

She glanced away as Amalyn pointed to some things she could eat, however they werent as bad as she thought they would be uncleaned. though she had worried about the germs, she pushed the thought away.

Just as she was about to ask her a question she was startled by a small vile in front of her face and being told to spit in it "I beg your pardon?" she scoffed slightly "I don't.. I'm-" she paused a moment trying to collect her thoughts "Spit? in that?" she motioned towards the vile in her hands. She fidgeted with her hands should i trust her? is this a trick? well i guess if she wanted to kill me she very well could have by now.. what have a i really got to lose? She held her gaze to Amalyn from under the hood before closing her eyes "Very well, however if you have intentions of trying to trick me or make me look like a fool ill have you know I.." she paused a moment not even sure what she would do if she did get tricked. she exhaled softly without finishing her sentence and gingerly spit into the vile.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Lyn

After some complaining and suspicion, Ni did spit into the vial, which she stoppered and put away in her coat for later. Thinking about it, with no understanding of what she wanted to do, it was a strange request. Still easier and less painful than getting some blood or plucking a hair from her head.

'We're getting close to the village now. I'm going to need you to trust me to get this to work.' If Lyn could just misdirect the search party for a day, it would by them enough time to make their escape. She wasn't really so worried about herself, but Ni could be a liability. 'We're going to walk around to the far side of the city and pass back the way we came. I'll hide our identities with illusions, so just try to act natural. No looking guilty or like you have something to hide, got it?'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 pm