Running in the 90s

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Site

2 posters

Devil Town // RP

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit
    Senpai Will Never Notice You

Devil Town // RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Devil Town // RP

Post by Ink Rabbit Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Devil Town // RP - Page 2 MtnpIyC

She spotted Amalyn quite quickly after she had turned around to look for her, she was mostly relived until asked questions by her, she felt the corners of her lips turn down as she pondered what to say. would she turn her in right away? would she try to use her to get some sort of advantage? she knew nothing about her but what choice did she have? she would find out sooner or later once the word gets out about her escaping.

Nila sighed heavily, her stomach turned slightly but thought about how this girl would react once she found out she just helped a royal escape. She looked up from under her cape for a moment before looking back to the ground "do you really want to know? or do you just want to get paid and let us be on our own ways.." she had hoped she would pick the latter, holding out the sack of money in front of her, it was all she managed to grab but her freedom was worth more to her than any money in the world.

Grimik
    Grimik
    If She Breathes Shes A Thot

Post by Grimik Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Lyn

Ni seemed to hesitate for a bit before offering her money to pay for the escape, implying she didn't need to know the answer to her question. While tempting, the mystery was a lot more interesting to her at present, and besides, they were hardly safe or out of trouble yet.

Once she had caught her breath, Lyn got up grabbing Ni by the arm, and began to lead her away. 'Well you're not safe yet, they could still send a search party out for us. It wouldn't be right to take your money if im not going to get you out of their reach first.'

As they walked Lyn looked down at her stained shirt, pressing a finger to it. As she pulled it away, the blood was drawn out of her clothing, floating in the air beside them. Once satisfied that all of the blood was out, she let the blood fall to the floor behind them. She looked back to Ni and looked her up and down again. It was hard to make much out about her from under the cloak. The longer NI kept her in the dark the more she wondered whether getting involved in this was the right call. In any case, it would be a long time before she could show her face in Stagmoor for some time.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 am

Nila frowned at the thought of them sending a party of guards out to find her, they would for sure send a party out, they probably already had. The deeper Amalyn got herself into this she felt worse, though she couldn't seem to talk her out of it while being discrete.

As Amalyn grabbed Nila's arm she froze up for a second before breathing steadily and carefully removed herself from her grasp "please refrain from touching me, i dont want-" she paused a moment and watched as she removed the gore from herself, amazed for a moment before shaking her head to regain her train of thought "I would just prefer if you didn't touch me, sorry." she finished her sentence while carefully watching her footing though the small twigs and rocks on the ground as she was bare foot.

Running from the castle while telling the guards she was bathing and didnt want to be disturbed was the only time she could leave, she wouldnt have been able to hide shoes and a cloak in her towel, and the best option to her was the cloak, who in there right mind would help her with her fathers strict laws? she bit her lip slightly before glancing over at Amalyn "do you know where we are going? do you have a map?" she questioned before carefully feeling a sharp pain in her chest causing her to cough slightly before regaining her posture, trying desperately to not cough again.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 am

Lyn

Her outburst at being touched was the most assertive Ni had been since they had met and it caught Lyn off guard for a moment. Her hand hung in the air for a few seconds where she had been holding Ni before she slowly let it fall to her side.

'Okay, no touching.' The girl stepped carefully through the woods in her bare feet, careful to not hurt them unnecessarily. In her head she was starting to piece things together. Ni had left in a rush and hadn't had time to get her shoes. The guards who were chasing her originally had also been from the palace, not regular city guard. It was likely she lived in one of the upper districts, close to the palace. Lyn would need to know more to figure out why she was leaving.

'I'd make you some shoes if that were something I could do, but magic doesn't really work like that.' Lyn bent over and dug through her pack for a moment, and stood up with a sheet of leather. She held it out in front of her, eyeing it against the size of Ni's feet. Once she was satisfied she had the measurements down, she dropped the leather down and began waving her finger through the air over it.

Strips of thin leather peeled itself from the edges of the sheet, while two sole shaped pieces fell out, keeping as much of the material usable as possible. With another little finger wag, the pieces assembled themselves into crude sandals, with straps over the toes and around the ankles. Not her best work but it would do for now.

'These will keep your feet from being torn up until we can get you something better,' she said, motioning for Ni to put them on. She waited for her, then started to walk away from the city in the direction she had planned to before she had awoken this morning. 'I have business in the next town that can't wait, so we will head there for now. Then we can figure out where you need to go,' she said, now looking over at Ni, her head still covered by the hood. 'Don't worry though, I have a plan,' she said with a flash of a smile before she continued walking.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 am

Nila was perplexed by Amalyn, she seemed to help her with nothing in return, all of the stories she had heard of common folk were that they were all uncleanly, untrustworthy, thieves. however, this girl didn't seem anything like the people her servants told her about.

She stopped, causing Nila to stop suddenly as well, though she was confused at what this girl was doing at first, she pulled out a length of material, looked like leather, and started using more magic. How was she able to do so many things? didnt witches or magic users focus on one talent? she was quiet impressed, however the sandals came out looking like something her brother would have made for fun, she could feel the corners of her lips tip up.

Sliding the, and quiet possibly the ugliest pair of sandals she had seen, onto her feet, they fit quiet comfortably and thankfully the sharp rocks and twigs no longer pricked at her soft feet. She sighed slightly before murmuring a thank you to Amalyn. "better than the rocks i suppose." she said quietly trying to make a joke, but her voice always came along as monotoned, she assumed she wouldn't get the joke and quickly added "its much better, thank you."

As she told her about how she had business in the next city over, she thought for a moment and spoke "do you mean Avalar?" she had knew this from reading so many different scriptures that the whole map of her country was ingrained into her mind, the question was more rhetorical however she could be talking about one of the smaller cities below and above Avalar.

She was excited for a moment to see Avalar in person, she had only heard and seen drawings of it. Then reality sank in again for a moment while she remembered she could potentially get this girl killed because of her greed of wanting freedom. "I.. just want to get out of reach of the guards, we can part ways then, i don't want you getting caught up anymore into my mess.." she felt a small frown appear on her lips, she wanted to know more about Amalyn and her magic but knew the risks she continued to think about this and wondered if she should just get on with it and tell her. She smiled at her and Nila felt her heart break slightly knowing that this fleeting freedom wouldn't last, but she wanted to enjoy it while she could.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:02 am

Lyn

'Yes, Avalar. I have a friend who asked me to meet him there.' She had done enough favours for Orun that he would keep quiet about Ni, but it was a small town and word got around. Two strangers showing up would cause suspicion.

She started to consider the idea of them wrapping around the town and approaching from the other side while she walked. Disguises would be needed too since she had been seen and they were looking for Ni. Either way, it would be two days on foot to Avalar, and they would need to rest for the night at some point.

Ni seemed eager to part ways. Lyn didn't say anything, but just gave a absentminded nod of acknowledgement. There was more to this girl and she wanted to know what. For the next few hours she led on through the wilderness, while thinking of theories of why this girl had to flee.

Timeskip...

'It's getting too dark to keep going, it would be best if we got some sleep and continued in the morning,' she said, dropping her bag down in a small clearing she had found.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:35 am

Her chest ached, Her feet ached, she had never walked so much in her life how do people do this every day? travel between towns? insanity. she thought. She was relived when Amalyn suggested to stop, she wanted to just collapse and sleep for days, but glancing at the ground she never considered sleeping in the dirt.

She pursed her lips slightly and looked around expectantly "so.. do we just..." she motioned to the ground, wondering if she was actually meant to sleep on the ground. Had she actually wanted to go home? was this really freedom? sleeping in the dirt? she could feel a frown appearing on her face, however she just scuffed her make shift sandals in the dirt and watched it kick up "I would prefer not to become filthy.. there must be an inn or some where with at least a bed and maybe a proper meal, i am famished." she spoke briskly, looking over to Amalyn, hoping she would agree and say that there was something near by, however she had a feeling she would be told no.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Lyn

Lyn had to hold in her laughter when Ni began talking. An Inn was out of the question. It would be the first place on the road the guards would really look for them. Much safer to hide out in the woods for now at least. She had led them deep into the woods, far enough from any roads for smoke or fire to be seen, so long as the fire was kept small.

'No inn's nearby I'm afraid, tomorrow we will make it into town and have beds to sleep in though. And we do have food if you're hungry. She knelt down with her pack and rummaged through it, pulling out a loaf of bread she had purchased the other day, along with two blankets and a larger sheet which laid itself out on the floor with a snap of her fingers.

She broke the bread in half, offering the rest to Ni. She left her half on her blanket while she collected enough food for a fire, igniting it with a bolt of flame from her finger. She sat back down on the sheet she had laid out and began to pick at her bread. She was silent for a few minutes, debating how best to bring up all the questions she wanted to answered. In the end she decided just to come out and ask.

'Why are they chasing you? What did you do?'
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 am

She swallowed hard and felt her fists tighten up in her hands as she was told she would sleep in the woods with no cover what about bugs? or wild animals?? she thought frantically "you can't be serious." she watched as Amalyn, continued to make herself comfortable and she knew she was dead serious.

Feeling her lower lip pout slightly she sat down onto the ground where Amalyn had made her a bed. She was about to complain more when she was offered bread, "is.. is this all?" she glanced at the bread and back to the girl, before clearing her throat "thank you." she knew that the outside world was nothing like the castle, she must be polite after all this girl helped her so much.

As she carefully picked at only the insides of the bread, she could feel an awkward silence as the fire crackled quietly, suddenly Amalyn spoke which caused her to jump slightly.

'Why are they chasing you? What did you do?'

Nila actually frowned this time, her lips and face actually held an emotion to them for a moment before she sighed softly "are you sure you want to know? once you know, you might wish you hadn't asked." her voice serious but still slightly mono toned.

After a moment she exhaled softly once more before pulling her hood down and slightly lowering her head to look at Amalyn, as if ashamed of herself. Her pure white hair a slight from the hood and her large doe like ears held back like an animal who was scared, which she was, what if Amalyn changes her mind and takes her back, she fidgeted with her hands for a few more moments before speaking "My actual name is Nila Wither, and i apologize if you feel deceived, I honestly had no other choice."

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Lyn

Ni's attitude and response to being told where they would be sleeping and what they'd be eating helped her narrow things down. She got the spoiled rich girl vibe from her a lot. She had good manners too, seeing as how she apologised unprompted for her outburst. She'd probably never had want for anything so this all must be a big shock to her. Either she was stupid and naive about how the world worked, or she knew full well, and was running from something worse.

Her question had startled Ni as she picked at the bread. She put out a warning but Lyn didn't even respond. She was too invested in this now and needed answers. When she got like this there was no dissuading her, or giving up.

When she took off her hood all Lyn could think was, 'well fuck'. She was royal. The puzzle pieces started to click in head and things began to make sense. Then Ni; or Nila now, gave her full name, and flipped it all again. Not much was known about the princess other than she was fiercely protected and led a very sheltered life out of the public eye. About a million questions raced through Lyn's head, but she managed to focus in on just one.

How the fuck was she going to get herself out of this mess? She needed to get out of the country. Well, she had needed to before but more in a 'oh, give it a few years and they'll forget about me haha, I have a thousand years, I can afford to avoid this one town for 2 or 3 and they won't even remember me there anymore.' This was more of an 'Oh shit, I'm going to be hunted to the ends of the earth for them to get their princess back, and nowhere is safe because if anyone figures out who Nila is and what we did, they'd start hunting them too.'  

She fumbled for her box and pulled free her last blue cigarette, lighting it up and taking a long drag. Things were going to get messy now. So what to do about Ni? It would be best for her to ditch the girl. She'd make it out no problem on her own, the girl would be returned home on a few days if she didn't get herself killed and maybe there was a chance this could all just blow over. On the other hand, the girl was a princess who wanted to run away from home. Lyn was hardly royalty, but she thought she could relate just a little to that. But was Ni serious about this? Did she really want to get away and live a normal life, or was this just some little rebellion and she'd want to be home by the end of the week?

It had been a few minutes now since NI had dropped the bombshell on her. Taking one last hit before snuffing out the blue stick, she stared into Nila's eyes. 'Listen to me very carefully. I have one question and I need an honest answer from you. If you tell the truth and I like what you have to say, I will help you. If you lie, or if I don't like the answer, I'll take you to the main road in the morning, and we will go our separate ways.' She kept eye contact for a few more seconds, making sure Nila understood her before asking, 'Why did you run away?'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:52 pm