Running in the 90s

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Site

2 posters

Roleplay--

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit
    Senpai Will Never Notice You

Roleplay-- Empty Roleplay--

Post by Ink Rabbit Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:56 am

Intro

The rowing of the boat made his stomach turn slightly, he had never actually been off is island in Cier. The afternoon sun shown down onto the floor of the boat, the docks only a few feet away now. The grey city was so much bigger than he ever imagined it would be. His eyes wide taking in the sight for the first time.

He was one of the first off the boat, he spent every penny he had to get here, so he couldnt even leave a tip, the sailors didnt seem to mind too much, just walked past him leaving him with no words as they bordered the boat with new passengers.

As he entered the city, it was much different than his home isle, forest and large and beatuifully made wooden homes, lots of traditional looking homes. Here though, it was sold color, gray. The stone walls looked like they were packed to the sides with homes, shops, and everything in between. Akan looked around at some of the taller buildings in awe. He grinned slightly thinking this might be the chance to start a new life.

Grasping his sword over his shoulder And maybe find you your owner. He thought casting a glance at the sword. His eyes fixed onto the large dome in the center of the grey city, he knew where he was headed, that was the main city center, lots of information job listing and all sorts of stuff happened there.

After about a few minutes of walking, he could hear shouting up ahead, narrowing his eyes he quickened his pace wondering if he would see what was going on, that was when the sirens went off, he glanced behind him to see off the docks battle ships approaching the grey city from Cier "what is-" he was cut off as he was ran into by another body before several hit him noticing that they were running towards the city center he turned to follow quickly.

It wasn't long before the city itself started to shake, he could feel the ground tremble under him. This isnt good. He quickly tried to push past people as he suddenly could feel the ground underneath him shift. His stomach dropped, he felt the stone slab part of the city he was standing on tilting, and people started to slid off. He quickly grasped a wooden post his nails just digging into the wood. people flew past him off the rock, it was already far away from the city, he could see the under part of the rock formation that he had just been on, is it my fate to die here? do i have no chance of redeeming myself? he thought as a woman grasped hold of his shirt screaming at him words he could not understand. The wooden post began to break under both of their weight, he hissed slightly as he turned to try and kick her off, though she wouldn't budge.

He went to land a punch in on her face as the beam broke from the force that was going with his arm, mid air now he pushed her away with his foot trying to grasp onto the falling rocks, pulling himself onto one he looked at the ground below closing in. He swallowed hard before bracing himself on the bit of rock he found himself on.
    Grimik
    Grimik
    If She Breathes Shes A Thot

Roleplay-- Empty Re: Roleplay--

Post by Grimik Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:17 am

Ceri

One moment, Ceri had been getting off the shuttle to enter the Grey city, and the next, she was falling. She hadn't heard the explosionn, or even really felt it. Perhaps she had lost consciousness as it hit, and had regained it as she fell through the air. It didn't matter.

Up above she watched as a fleet of ships bombarded the City in the sky, rubble and people being thrown in all directions and now hurtling towards the wasteland below. She had always wanted to go to the ground. It was forbidden, not to mention impossible for the lower races to go down there, but it seemed she would actually get her chance. She was probably about to die but, it beat dying at home she supposed.

She looked over her shoulder to see how far from the ground she was. She estimated that she must have been about half way between the ground and the floating city, but it was hard to tell. With some effort she rolled herself, so she was facing the ground. She had no magic to slow herslef and no hope that she would be rescued. The most she could do was look for somewhere to land that woukd break her fall.

She was directly above a lake at the moment so that was obviouly not an option. However not to far to her left was a small wood, with tall trees, rising far up from the ground. With no better option she directed her body to fall towards that direction. Once she was certain she was on course, Ceri crossed her arms over her face, rolled back over so she was facing the sky and braced herself.

The wind was rippling through her hair as she sped towards the ground one moment, then in an instant it changed to the breaking of branches as she tore through the folliage. The first few branches she barely even felt, twigs that may as well have not even been there. Then she got to slightly thicker branches and it really started to hurt. They still broke easily at the speed she was travelling, but each one was like a kick or punch to the back of her body. She grit her teeth through the pain, noticing that she was in fact slowing her fall.

Next thing she knew her shoulder connected with a branch that didnt give out, shooting pain all along that side of her body and causing her to roll and face the ground again. In that brief instant she was almost on the ground, before colliding with one of the lowest branches with her chest. The air was knocked out of her and she went completely limp as she fell the last 10 feet to the ground, and  landed on her back.

She was gasping to regain her breath as she stared straight up, a single beam of light breaking the canopy above to shine down on her, leaves fluttering to the ground. It was only then it hit her that she had survived, whatever addrenaline in her system was wearing off.

Immediately she shot up to her knees  and retched and vomited onto the ground as the reality of what happened hit her. When she finally stopped, she was able to catch her breath and assess the damage she had taken. Her lip was bleeding and swollen, and the ring finger on her left hand was at an odd angle. Definitly not too bad in comparisson to her right shoulder, which had popped out of its socket, probably when she hit the branch just before landing. Only when she tried standing did she notice a branch, no thicker than an arrow had gone through her left calf; and although she could walk and nothing seemed broken, the wound burned whenever she put weight on that leg.

Before she could do anything else or asses her surroundings, a thunderous crash sounded to her left as rubble began to crash to the ground around her. She couldn't see through the trees how much was falling or where, so she sprinted back to the tree she landed besides and curled up under it.

She began laughing hysterically at the irony of it. She was on the ground, where she had always wanted to be but never thought it possible; had survived falling literally miles only to now realise that she could potentially die by having the house she grew up in fall from the sky and crush her. Damn that would be fucked up.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 am

Roleplay-- CRTJ0CB
    Roleplay-- Yp7ea47
    Roleplay-- 5XqVjbh

His vision blurred as he lifted his head, a sharp throbbing pain edged his skull as he moved into a sitting position. He tried to gather what had just happened, where was he? Akan's eyes clouding once again as pain rippled across his body, grasping his chest as he inhaled a painful breath. "what the fuck," he muttered to himself before actually looking around to see where he was.

Blood, gore and rubble surrounded him. People impaled on rocks rods and wooden pikes surrounded him, along with several people who seemed to either be barely conscious or just barely alive. The panic started to set in, he was on the ground, the earth, the place that hasnt been lived on or in by anyone in eons. He sat still, quiet for a moment as the muffled screams and still partly falling rubble, or what hasnt hit the ground quiet yet, made its sounds. off in the distance he could see another small part of an island falling, his open slightly gaped open as he felt everything moving in slow motion. Was any of this real? am i dreaming? he pulled himself to stand, wobbling on his own feet he stumbled to move around the large rock he must have landed next too, peering behind it was more rubble and more carnage.

He winced as he took another breath in What is wrong with my chest? he thought to himself more angry than scared as he went to reach for the sword, his only comforting item. It was gone. He panicked suddenly getting more energy and movement where the fuck is it. he turned around to look for his only important belonging. he moved a few piece of rock and stone, something that looked like a sign to a building, his chest stopped him cold once he tried to lift something more heavy "why, that... its.." he clenched his teeth ill have to come back for it, im sorry Aldin.. he thought as he turned to go back out to the other people that were still alive.

He spotted a beastkin male who was frantically trying to remove rocks from on top of another beastkin who was not moving, spotting Akan she hurried over to him "please, please you have to help me, youre a magic user? you can move this easily, please i cant lose her" he pleaded to him, his eyes watering. Akan took a step back, magic? youre barking up the wrong tree. he narrowed his eyes and pushed the man aside "I cannot help you." he murmered, feeling guilty for not even trying but didnt want to be mocked, the beastkin snapped at him "so youre just going to let her die?" his teeth bared at him. Akan narrowed his eyes and looked the small female over from a distance "She isnt even breathing she probably died on impact, there is nothing i can do i would be wasting magica." he snapped back, the beastkin fell to his knees "please.." Akan scoffed and turned away leaving the beastkin to swear at his back, nothing he wasnt used too, besides there was nothing he could do.

Akan made his way though the fallen city, a few people here and there tried to ask him for his assistance, however he just turned a blind eye and moved forwards. Once to the edge of the fallen city he glared at the sun and up at what was left of grey city "of course, this would happen to me." he sighed leaning into a rock as he tried to ease his breathing.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 am

Ceri

It was a few minutes before the bombardment ended. Ceri sat under the tree for a minute longer until the earth stopped shaking and silence settled. From the sound of it, at least half of the Grey City must have fallen from the sky. If that was the case, then there had to be more survivors.

She looked around at her surroundings; trees in every direction, miles of unexplored forest and wilderness. She could just disappeare into it. Lose herself in this new world and never look back. She felt it calling to her. She wanted it. But another part of her warned her off. There were survivors who might need her help. People she knew she could help. The forest would still be there when she got back she thought as she resolved herself to finding the other survivors.

She picked a small branch off the ground and placed it between her teeth, while taking long and steady breaths. She braced herself against the trunk of the tree and after a moment to prepare herself, jolted her arm back into its socket. She hadn't felt it come out, but she sure as shit felt it go back in, biting down hard on the branch as she did it. She muttered a few curses, letting the branch fall from her mouth before rolling her shoulder around. It clicked audiably a few times but it seemed to work just fine as far as she could tell.

The branch through her calf would be more difficult to treat. She had nothing with her that could close or sterilise the wound if she were to remove the branch so she settled for shortening it for now, leaving enough length to pull it out later, but so it wouldn't get in the way too much as she walked. Still walking would be difficult. Ceri looked around the area for a walking stick testing a few out before settling on one just slightly taller than her. It took her weight well and made moving a lot more comfortable.

She took one last look at her surroundings before heading off in the direction most of the rubble had fell. She took her time navigating the terrain. |With no path to follow the ground was uneven and she often had to climb over large roots or scurry under low hanging branches. It took almost 30 minutes for her to find a break in the trees.

As she cleared the tree line for the first time she finally understood how much damage had been done, far above what remained of the Grey city was burning. Less than half of it remained. The other islands were intact as far as Ceri could tell. In the clearing in front of her debris was everywhere. It was impossible to tell what was what, like someone had taken apart a jigsaw and scattered the pieces. Bodies were strewn everywhere,most dead or already dying, there were very few Ceri could see who were concious.

She made her way to the edge of the chaos when she noticed a Fae boy leaning against the rubble. She hadn't seen him as she approached, but it seems he hadn't noticed her either. His breathing was ragged. Was he hurt?

'Are you okay? Are you hurt?' she called out as she carefully made her way over to him.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 am

Roleplay-- CRTJ0CB
    Roleplay-- Yp7ea47
    Roleplay-- 5XqVjbh

Looking out at the landscape, he had not notice the girl approach him, slightly startled he flinched as his body jerked and pain rippled from his chest. His eyes narrowed slightly at her before huffing "of course i'm alright." he sneered at her, his yellow narrowed. Who does this human think she is? he exhaled slowly, trying to keep his breathing shallow to prevent pain from his chest. He managed a small laugh before adding "well, as alright as i can be, having fallen several thousand feet."

he looked her over, she was she was small, almost too small. She looked like she would break and fall apart, however falling from the sky has made it clear she isn't as weak as she looks. "say, mouse," he started before moving to offer her a hand to pull her up onto the ledge next to him, the rockface they stood on was a part of a street or at least it looked like it was part of a street, several completely crumpled buildings of what could have been shops surrounded them. "you haven't see a sword just laying around? say, in a red sheath?" he rolled the words over his tongue, trying his best to be civil, as this was something important to him and if she knew anything, he would need to be at least nice.

"The sword would have fallen with me, however it was no where near me when i came too, and i-" red caught his eye as he looked down, her leg was impaled with a branch, "tch," he made a noise with his mouth as he crouched down to look better "ah, well youre lucky it didnt puncture any major veins." he mused to her, his yellow eyes glinting back to make eye contact. Standing back up he grasped his chest curses! he thought as he tried to slow his breathing down again "I will help you with your wound, if you help me find my sword." he made a bargain deal with her, surely she wouldnt decline, would she?

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:55 am

Roleplay-- TdoZOdC

Roleplay-- LRqjSrd

The Fae seemed determined to play down how much discomfort he was in, but wasn't doing a very good job at it. Now closer to him, she noted his white hair and short horns, and his yellow, cat-like eyes. He was unlike any Fae she had seen before.

She found him calling her 'mouse' peculiar. He may have been tall for a fae, but she certainly wasn't short either. Still she wasn't going to over think it, taking his hand and pulling herslef up to him. His grip was strong and he didnt seem to have any obvious injuries; yet his breathing was still shallow. perhaps it was all the dust from the debris crashing down, but she couldn't be sure yet.

Asking her about a sword was suprising. Given the situation, she would think the fae would have much different priorities. That is when he noticed the branch that had impaled her leg, and bent down to examine it. From the way he spoke, it seemed he knew how to treat her wound, but he tried to use the knowledge as a bargining chip to rope her into finding his sword. What is with this kid and his sword?

'My leg will be fine for now,' she said, shifting her weight onto her staff. ''There are other people who need the help more; your sword can wait for now. Let me see your chest,' she said, reaching for his body with her other arm. She ran a hand carefully up each side of his ribs, and noticed the bottom two on his right side had broken and moved out of place.

'Let me set your ribs for you, and then we can help the others.'
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:28 am

Roleplay-- CRTJ0CB
    Roleplay-- Yp7ea47
    Roleplay-- 5XqVjbh

He narrowed his eyes as her hands gentlly touched his chest, he watched her carefully, he was quiet uncomfortable being touched by her, his skin pricked underneath her touch, as she withdrew her hand he noticed he wasnt breathing, taking in a shallow breath he mumbled some words that she couldnt quiet hear, he then listened to her talk about helping others. He froze slightly before laughing lightly "if theyre not dead yet, theyll be fine they do not need my help." he glanced away holding his gaze away from her.

"My sword is my only priority, however if you refuse to help me," he paused trying to word things right, how do you speak to people.. nicely.. he tossed a few thoughts around in his head before trying again "If you refuse to help me, i.. understand and i would like to ask you to reconsider." he felt proud of himself for being kind to a lower being, she wasnt hideous for a human, though she certainly wasnt his type. He looked at her leaning on her cane, the whole situation was almost laughable to him at this point. What are the odds id end up falling to the earth today and ask a human of all creatures for help?

He moved to the other side of her, his eyes now looking back into the city, most people seemed to have found there way out as the only thing he could see left was the dead, and a few people morning over them, he made another tch sound before turning to look back at her "you really want to waste your own energy on those who wouldn't have given you a second thought had we still been in grey city?" he looked her up and down "you're in no condition to even help others yourself you're probably going to be in the way more than helping with that stupid-" he was cut off mid sentence by a scream as more rubble fell from the sky, the woman's scream was cut short as a loud smash signaled the last of the falling rubble had hit.

He looked up to make sure nothing more was falling, and nothing seemed to be coming, he winced again as he tried to take a deeper breath in out of annoyance. He glanced back at the girl, "tell me, you still want to go back in there?" he narrowed his eyes "what will you gain for putting yourself in danger for others?"

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 am

Roleplay-- TdoZOdC

Roleplay-- LRqjSrd

Ceri considered what he had said; perhaps those who had survived the fall were capable of taking care of themselves. But surely there must be more serious injuries than hers or the fae's. He still wanted to look for his sword. What was so important about the sword anyway? Its not like it could walk off on its own.

He asked her to reconsider but she was hardly listening at that point. If he wasn't going to help she would have to do what she could by herself. Another piece of rubble had made its way down, and Ceri was just able to follow its path as it slammed into the earth, and a few of the survivors.

Maybe he was right, going into the drop zone could be suicide, and she didn't really expect that anyone would do the same for her. She wasn't them though, and she knew she could be of help. Was there really anymore she needed to know?

'Be careful with your ribs,' she said as she climed down, making her way into the wreckage. 'Bandage them up when you get the chance and rest, your breathing will get easier in a day or two.' She began checking bodies for signs of life as she walked, leaving the fae at the edge of the blast zone.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Roleplay-- CRTJ0CB
    Roleplay-- Yp7ea47
    Roleplay-- 5XqVjbh

He watched her go, she didn't even seem to be listening to him causing him to bare his teeth as he went to snap at her he inhaled hard and flinched and almost doubled over in pain "fucking hell," he started as his breathing calmed down.

He watched her head back into the area he had just left his eyes narrowed harshly "are you trying to get yourself killed? would anyone even go back for you?" he called to her and continued to watch her walk, he sighed "I suppose i have no choice to come with you, who would help me if you died?" he huffed as he moved over the rocks, holding his chest lightly with his right hand. He was left handed anyway, so thankfully the broken ribs were on the side he didnt use his hand.

As they moved back into the rubble she seemed to be checking all the pulses of people who he wouldnt have given a second thought to check, however everyone she seemed to check was very very dead. Either from being crushed or from the fall impact. He sighed irritably "you really think anyone that isnt already moving is still alive? even so, internal bleeding is going to have them dead in a matter of hours." his eyes glanced to some frantic movement ahead.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Roleplay-- TdoZOdC

Roleplay-- LRqjSrd

She ignored his calls as she wandered deeper into the field of debris, checking bodies as she went. The fae was probably right. It was unlikely she would find many survivors, if any, but it wouldnt sit right with her if she didn't try. Still, for someone who was adamant noone could be saved, he was still following her.

Up ahead she caught sight of a figure waving frantically, kneeled down by some rubble. Without a second thought she picked up her pace and hurried over.

'please, please, help me,' the human, who had a nasty cut on her head, called as she got closer. 'There are children trapped down there, please help us!'

As Ceri got closer she could see the children through a break in the rubble, and began looking for a way to get them out. There were no holes small enough for them to squeeze through, it seemed she would have to move the rubble. Ceri climed towards the back of the largest rock and wedged her staff under it. If she could roll it off, the children would have room to escape.

She began using her staff for leverage, putting her weight on it and trying to shift the rock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content