Running in the 90s

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Site

2 posters

Roleplay--

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit
    Senpai Will Never Notice You

Roleplay-- - Page 5 Empty Re: Roleplay--

Post by Ink Rabbit Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 am

Roleplay-- - Page 5 CRTJ0CB
    Roleplay-- - Page 5 Yp7ea47
    Roleplay-- - Page 5 5XqVjbh

He carefully took her hand as she offered to help him up, after standing he brushed himself off and sighed. Had it already been an hour? he had almost fell asleep, though she made a comment about daylight left. That never occurred to him, that the dark would be coming soon again.

Ceri made off without another word to him, for awhile he followed behind her quietly, he had never been one to try and make small talk, thankfully she seemed straight to the point and didn't seem to bother with such petty things. As Ceri walked in front of him, he watched the back of her head for a few moments, his eyes drifting down to her shoulders, to her lower back, and then- no. He flicked his eyes away quickly, not allowing himself to look at her. She was a human, disgusting creatures anyways. He thought bitterly.

Being caught mid thought she made the comment about it being taken, he felt his stomach drop slightly before scoffing "doubtful, she- it, isn't going to give itself to some lowly.." he bit his lip, trying to think of another way phrase what he wanted to say. "It wont be gone." he simply just added before going quiet again. His mind trailed to thoughts of the fall trying his hardest to remember if anything would stand out to him.

She then asked what it looked like, he opened his mouth agape for a moment to try and find his train of thought "oh, its, a black and red sheath. Long in shape and the hilt is decorative with traditional writings." he wasn't vague, but he hoped it would be enough to help. He sighed irritated that it had even come to this, Aldin was always his and he hers, there was no way she would chose one of these savage humans.

Grimik
    Grimik
    If She Breathes Shes A Thot

Post by Grimik Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 am

Roleplay-- - Page 5 TdoZOdC

Roleplay-- - Page 5 LRqjSrd

Akan's response to her was very confusing. He called his sword a she? She guessed some people named their swords, but always thought that was kind of stupid. It would be like her giving her staff a name. She thought about it for a moment, for before deciding that her staff was called Bill, chuckling to herself slightly.

Still he seemed very certain the sword would be there, she admired the optimism, but given his description of it, it was clearly valuable and would likely be taken at the first instance someone came across it. She didn't say this outloud, as not to disappoint him before they had a chance to look, but hoped he would be right. It was clearly very important to him.

They walked in silencce a while longer until they got within sight of the dropzone. She dropped down to her stomach, motioning for him to follow, and crawled to the tree line to scout the area out. Now that the debris had had time to settle, their view was no longer blocked by dust and smoke as it had been yesterday. Bodies were sprawled throught the rubble; mangled and ruined by the fall, or what came after.

From what she could tell, there was no signs of life. She waited a few minutes in silence, scanning for any sign of movement, but it appeared they were alone. It would be risky going out into the open, but they had come all this way, and she didn't think Akan would stop now.

'Okay,' she said to him in a hushed tone. 'We'll go down together and look for your sword, at the first sign of trouble though, we need to run. Sound good to you?' As she finished speaking she thought she heard something, no louder than a whisper. She whipped her head around in alarm, alert to the possibility of danger. She listened intently for a while but the area was silent. Perhaps she was just on edge she thought, turning back to Akan.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:50 am

As they moved to the brush and peered down at the carnage from yesterday, he almost winced at the scene that lay before him. He looked away as Ceri continued to scan the area. After a few moments she told him at the first sign of trouble they would run he rolled his eyes at her "of course, im just going to let them catch me and kill me after having lived this far. Great advice thanks." he paused a moment noticing how mean he was being, he made a tch sound with his mouth before commenting "Just don't be stupid, we know the way back, if we get followed we shouldnt run towards the camp, lets run to the river and meet there."

Ceri's attention snapped away from him and behind them, causing his skin to prick slightly as she seemed alarmed. "what? did you hear something?" he strained his ears, but could hear nothing. If he couldnt hear anything, she shouldn't hear anything either being a human. He narrowed his eyes at her "stop fucking around, lets go." he moved past her and slid down the small slope in front of them. His eyes observing the field as the moved in, he carefully moved past the first large structure of rock and into the crashed buildings.

Once inside, the smell of death hit him like a bus, he gagged slightly looking around at the bodies that littered the ground like trash, bugs swarming them. He could feel his stomach turning, vomit rising in his throat but he forced it back down.

Glancing behind to make sure Ceri was still within eyesight, he whispered in her direction "Get whatever else you wanted, I'm looking for the sword, im going back to where i fell." he stepped up onto a ledge and glanced off into the distance, he could make out a shape, though it wasn't human. Squinting, he could just make out its shape, it was feral, a wolf perhaps? he was going to motion Ceri to come look at the creature, it was pure white and almost pretty. Though in the space of time it took him to look behind and motion for Ceri to come over, it was gone. He frowned and waved Ceri off, maybe he would see it again. He continued forwards.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:56 am

Ceri followed him down the slope and into the rubble. He seemed alert to everything, probably using his hightened senses to listen to things she wasn't even aware of. It reassured her knowing whatever she had heard before was just her imagination. She didn't need hightened senses though, to tell the bodies had already began to decay. The smell of rot and death was strong.

For a brief moment she thought the bodies desrved to be buried, some kind of last respect. Unfortunatly, they didn't have the time or the man power to bury that many, even in a mass grave. The thought of them, baking day after day in the sun, was enough to get her to refocus on why they were there. The more supplies they could get now, the less likely they would have to come back later.

She had been scavenging the ruins for only a few minutes when she noticed Akan motioning for her to come over to him, his eyes alight with wonder. She began to make her way to him but was then signaled not to bother. His expression had changed to one of confusion and maybe even disappointment. She thought better than to ask him about it now, deciding to bring it up later if she remembered.

It seemed that for the most part, anything of value had been taken by their attackers. She had scavenged a few knives and short blades, but nothing of significance. Ceri had come across a flag from the Grey city, and thinking it could be used as a bandage or blanket, picked it up. Hidden underneath was a curved blade in a black and red sheath, intricatly decorated. She chuckled to herself picking up the light blade carefully.

She whistled to get Akan's attention waving the sword above her head. She was unsure if he could tell what she was holding as the had wandered farther apart than she had intended, so she drew the sword in a very exaggerated motion to help him understand. The blade was black steel, with runes in an unfamiliar language running along the blade. She took only a moment to admire the weapon, before going and waving the sword and sheath over her head again.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 am

Akan focused in the distance as Ceri went back to looking though the rubble, the wolf surely couldnt have gone that far that fast could it? he sighed in annoyance, this was going to take some time to dig though to find Aldin, he thought with another breath of irritability.

After moving over the ledge he was on to the other side, he heard a sharp whistle, his attention snapped back to Ceri who was a few yards away, as he was about to lay into her about being loud and how they needed to keep it down, she was waving something around. his eyes narrowed, his skin pricked and his teeth bared slightly.

"what in the actual-" he stopped as she whipped it out of the sheath, his blood ran cold as the bare blade was exposed to the evening air. "Stop! what are you?" he was shouting at her as he hurtled over the ledge he was on with lightning speed, his eyes hostile as he came to her with in seconds and stopped a few inches from her. 'be careful boy, i will not allow you to punish her.." his lip twitched in annoyance, his eyes furious.

"Ceri.." his eyes dropped to an almost emotionless cold stare "put it back, right now." his eyes held to her, serious. He could feel the skin pricking on his arms, he wanted to lash out at her and snatch the sword away, but Aldin had other plans.. was he being replaced? by a human? He felt his lip twitch slightly as Aldin spoke to him again "She's pure.. when did you gain a soft spot for humans?" Akan felt his knuckles going white "I Didn't" he spat out glancing at Ceri "can.. can you hear her?" he asked her annoyed.

After a moment Aldin laughed hushedly "of course she can, i wouldnt let her just touch me without allowing ourselves to connect soul to soul, she is warm and unclouded, unlike someone else i deal with.." Akan's face flashed with anger as he went to reach for the sword "you're still mine-" before he could say anything else fire burst from the sword scorching his hands "for fucks sake Aldin, what is your fucking problem? you replacing me for a fucking human?" his feral eyes glanced at Ceri, hate for her rushed him he wanted nothing more than her to not be here.

Aldin laughed quietly again "Of course not, Akan." she stated simply before adding "I just would like to get to know her soul, deeper.." she made a slight humming sound before going quiet again. Akan sniffed and whipped his nose and turned on his heels "whatever, not like i wanted to see you again or anything, idiot." Aldin quietly added "I knew you would come, I waited, you haven't given me a reason to leave you yet." she murmured the words in soft tones.

As Akan was sulking, Aldin's voice chimed in again "So, dear girl, your name is..." she paused a moment, causing a warm feeling to reach into Ceri's chest "Ceri." she said her name quietly "How fitting..." she said her name again before the runes on the blade flashed more text was added "Thank you for finding me, I am in your debt." At hearing this Akan made a tch sound and began walking away. "He is sulking because hes afraid of losing me, quiet cute isnt it." "I am not you stupid hunk of metal." he snapped, causing Aldin to laugh quietly again.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 am

Far from what she expected, Akan looked pissed. He charged toward her, shouting until he suddenly stopped a few steps from her. She was about to ask what the fuck was going on when she heard a whispery voice speak. Was it speaking? Or had she just imagined it? She looked around but they were alone. Akan had seemed to have calmed himself, if only slightly.

Before she could process all of this, he asked her to put the sword away. She looked down at the blade, puzzled. Had she upset him by taking the sword out? Ceri opened her mouth to speak but was cut of again by the disembodied voice, this time sending chills down her spine. What the fuck? This time though, Akan responded, and asked if she could also here the voice. She looked at him, the down to the sword, then back to him. Were they... talking to the sword?

There was a laugh and then the voice was back again, this time speaking about her in a way that made her sure her previous assumption was correct, before mocking Akan. The corners of her lips curled up as she tried to stop from laughing. Either the comment or her response, set something off in him, and he tried to snatch the sword away from her. She didn't try to react to it but as his hand was about to touch the blade, fire burst from the sword out at him. He reeled back as his hands were scorched, however Ceri had felt nothing, not even a slight rise in tempreture.

The whole situation was insane to her, but she didnt know what to do. Akan was looking at her like she was a nasty bug he had stepped in, ruining his new shoes, (not hard to imagine) and she was holding a talking sword. After falling miles from the sky and surviving with a few cuts and bruises. She would think it was a dream if not for all the pain she had went through the past few days.

While she had been thinking this through Akan and the sword had been having their own conversation. Akan did not seem happy that the sword was choosing her over him for the moment, which she found quiet funny. It wasn't as if she was going to keep the sword. If he had just asked politely she would have handed it back already. Now though, she was enjoying watching him get upset over his talking sword.

The sword addressed her then, asking her name. She was caught off gaurd and forgot herself for a moment. However, before she could reply, the swo- Aldin, said it for her, while producing a warm feeling inside her chest, as if they were some how connecting? As she whispered the words, the blade flashed and more runes appeared on the blade. What was that about? Before she could ask, Aldin thanked her for finding her, before teasing Akan for missing her. Predictibly, Akan denied this.

Laughing she replied 'and here I thought Akan wasn't capable of feeling. It is quiet cute though, now that you mention it.' She shot Akan a shit eating grin.

Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 am

As Ceri and Aldin spoke to each other, Akan could feel his blood boiling. What is with this? why does this of all things need to happen to me? all i wanted was this dumb girl to help me find her in case some of those freaks from the other day shown up again, but here we are Aldin speaking and AND letting Ceri hold her. What is going on? I cannot believe anything that is happening right now. He thought bitterly.

Narrowing his eyes as Aldin and Ceri spoke to each other, Ceri commented about how it was cute that he was feeling. Akan flinched slightly feeling his skin burn, was it anger? his stomach flipped as he bared his teeth at them "I'm not cute, and this isnt funny." he snapped in the hardest voice he could put on, however is voice slightly cracked at the amount of energy he was trying to force with it. This caused him to clench his fists and shout irritably.

As Akan was getting flustered about everything that was happening, Aldin murmured a small laugh before speaking quietly to Ceri "He is quiet something, isnt he?" her voice mocking, but also serious. The disembodied voice didn't seem to be picked up by Akan at the moment, it continued "You're quiet something too, my dear.." she coo'd softly to Ceri "I see quiet great things for you in the near future." she sighed softly "If only i had found you before Akan.." this seemed to get his attention as he snapped his head to look at both of them, his eyes pricking as he refrained from letting the anger tears not fall from his eyes.

After a moment of holding his eyes to the sword he crossed his arms and looked away again "You know what, if you want her so bad take her then Aldin, see if i care." he sniffed, this caused Aldin to make another chuckle sound, "oh my sweet Akan, don't be spiteful, you're still valuable to me, however you have to accept that she has great things coming to her and i will not miss out on that." her voice almost sinister "Akan, as my servant and guard, i demand you protect her with your life."

Akan's blood ran cold, all the anger and annoyed attitude left. He stayed looking away from them, his eyes focused on the ground, if Aldin said she wanted something, she always got it, one way or another. Akan's lip curled into a snarl slightly as he turned to look at Ceri, actually look at her for the first time. She was dull, she had nothing that particularly stood out about her, her brown hair, her average body, her normal boring face. Even the little freckles he could barely make out on her skin, were boring to him.

He covered his mouth and stared at her quietly for a few more moments, before finally breaking the silence "Fine." he extended his hand to Ceri for the sword "Not like she needs me anyways, considering shes still alive." He sounded sour about the situation, however he had no choice, Aldin piped in "Ahh, good. Akan i can always rely on you to do what i cannot."

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:37 am

Ceri laughed at Akan's flustered response. The fae couldn't tell they were just joking with him which made it more funny to her. Aldin addressed her now, commenting she would have liked to have found her before Akan. What did that mean? And wasn't it a bit harsh to say with Akan right there.

His head had snapped to attention, staring in disbelief. After all he had done to rescue Aldin, for her to say that? He responded that Aldin could have me if she wanted, though his heart wasn't in the words. He seemed hurt. The situation was about to become awkward until Aldin, reassured him of his value. She thought it was over until the sword continued, saying that Ceri had 'great things' coming her way, and making Akan promise to protect her.

It was Ceri's turn to be uncomfortable. She didn't need or want a protector. She looked at Akan who was studying her with his golden eyes. What was he thinking? Surely he wouldn't go along with this. He was too prideful. Much to her suprise she was wrong. He held out his hand for the sword, admitting that she didn't need the help but he would do it anyway, to which Aldin praised him. Or atleast as close as she thought Aldin could come to praising him.

She passed the sheath and sword back to Akan, then turned away from him. She wanted space to think, but they were far from camp so turning away was the best she could do for now. 'Well we did what we came to do, lets try to make it back before it gets too dark and we get lost.' She didn't want to think about having to spend a night alone in the woods with Akan and Aldin.
    Ink Rabbit
    Ink Rabbit

Post by Ink Rabbit Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 am

Akan watched as Ceri became noticeably uncomfortable with the arrangement, he narrowed his eyes its not like this is ideal for me either, idiot. he thought grasped ahold of Aldin's handle again. After placing the sword over his shoulder again he sighed, this is going to suck, maybe i shouldnt have looked for aldin.. he pushed the thought away quickly as he knew that would never happen, she was literally his only friend.

After a few moments, Ceri made a comment about heading back before it got dark he sighed again before making a tch sound with his mouth "Yeah, whatever, did you get everything you wanted?" as he finished speaking, he could hear a howling sound off in the distance behind them, was the wolf revealing itself? he thought turning to look into the distance, his eyes squinting to try and see better in the now evening light.

He then turned to look at Ceri, wondering if he had just heard the sound in his head, before hearing a low snarling sound from a few feet away. Akan quickly pulled his dagger from his side, letting Aldin swing over his back now. He couldn't see any creatures, his eyes glancing around as he moved closer to Ceri to close the distance between them, less chance of getting attack from the side "We need to make a run for it." he murmured towards her, his voice serious.

A few seconds later, another snarl and low growling could be heard form the other side of them, Akan swallowed wondering if they would get out of this, since these wolves seemed to want nothing to do with the already dead around them, and seemed more interested in the hunt. "You lead, ill follow." he said a bit louder this time before Aldin piped in quietly "If you don't go now, you will both die right here, in the next 30 seconds, two more wolves will pile in from the sides." her voice almost seemed excited, Akan looked at Ceri, waiting for her to make the first move.

Grimik
    Grimik

Post by Grimik Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 am

As Akan was responding to her, a howl pierced her ears. She turned back, looking past Akan in the direction the howl had come from. He was also looking for the source of the sound, though apparently even his eyes couldn't find it. She was about to ask him about it when a loe growl rumbled just a few feet away.

Akan moved closer to her, holding one of his knives at the ready. She took a tighter grip on her staff as well, ready to respond if they were attacked. The fae told her to make a run for it and that he would follow but she hesitated. Would running really be the best choice? Perhaps they should stand their ground and scare them off. Another growl, this time from the other side. She looked all around her, but in the dim evening light, all she could see were the wolves shadows, dancing between the wrecked buildings around them.

Aldin chimed in, letting them know they would die if they didn't run. With Akan looking at her, she nodded to him, then turned and sprinted to where they had emerged from the trees, hoping that Akan was still behind her. She did her best to navigate the ruins quickly, jumping over bodies and stone as fast as she could. Within thirty seconds, with her heart pounding in her chest, she made it to the tree line running through it without stopping for another 300 meters or so.

When she finally came to a stop she put her hands on her knees and took a moment to catch her breath. When she finally looked up, she realised that she was alone. Had they got Akan? If they did, why wouldn't he call for help? Should she go back? These thoughts were racing through her head until she heard rustling from the way she had come. 'Akan?' she called out, unsure of if it was him. She edged closer, reaching an arm out to pull some of the branches out of the way when she was lunged.

In that moment all she could see were snarling teeth and furious red eyes, her arm being caught in the animal's jaw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content